available for booking in German only
Directed by: Bridge Markland / Heike Gäßler
Length: 88 min. plus one intermission
Puppets: Lorena O. Monsalve
As One-woman-theatre-piece with handpuppets and pop music Bridge Markland presents "The broken jug" by Heinrich von Kleist, his only comedy. She performs high speed changes between Judge Adam, Dame Martha Rull, her daughter Eve, Ruprecht Tümpel and Frau Brigitte.
The handpuppets are standing behind the box, which for the first time is used opened up.
Through her intense physical performance Bridge Markland brings the puppets alive.
She acts to a sound collage of the original text of the play and thrilling music.
The expressive handpuppets were build by columbian artist Lorena O. Monsalve especially for this show.
- Saalbau Neukölln, Berlin, 2008
- 100° Festival Berlin, 2009
- Kleistschule Potsdam / D , 2010
- 1. Neu-Ulm Pocket Klassiker Festival, AuguSTheater / D, 2012
- Theater O-TonArt, Berlin / D, 2012
- Theaterkapelle, Berlin / D, 2013
- Kleistfesttage, Kleist Museum, Frankfurt/Oder / D, 2014
- Brotfabrik, Berlin, 2015
- Kleistyear 2011:
- - 27 April 2011 Opening of Festival: Kleist in Thun, Switzerland
- - 12 May 2011 Badisches Staatstheater Karlsruhe / D
- - 13 May 2011 TIG7, Mannheim / D
- - 14 May 2011 Professor Pröpstl's Puppentheater, Großaspach / D
- - 29 May 2011 Bücherfest, Tübingen / D
- - 22 June 2011 Märkisches Museum Berlin within the exhibition - Kleist: Krise und Experiment / D
- - 29 Sept - 1 Oct + 6 - 8 Oct 2011 Stadtbad Steglitz, Berlin
- - 1 November 2011 kunst : verrueckt Festival, Leipzig / D